Friday 18 January 2013

SFFSat 19/1/13

 This is my snippet this week for SFFSat. SFFSat is a place where a number of authors post snippets from their written works, and give the opportunity for comments, support and encouragement. Please also explore the other blogs that are part of this set - you can find the information here.

This snippet carries on directly from last time's events, back before Christmas in the real world. Sorrel has picked a fight with three graalur. One, nicknamed Crest, is dead. One is fighting the woman Sorrel was trying to rescue. The third, unimaginatively named Three, is still thoroughly alive, much to Sorrel's dismay.

 
Three lunged suddenly. I had expected it - he could see I was almost on top of Crest. His plan was to push me backwards or make me jump back, and fall on the body. Good tactic - unluckily for Three, I'd been banking on his trying it. I flung myself sideways, instead, letting his blow go right over me, extending his reach. Leaving him vulnerable under his arm. I thrust my sword home, catching him cleanly. His turn to scream.
Volg it, he was almost as fast as Wrack! He turned sideways, pulling away so that the blow only went in a few inches, not getting anywhere near his heart.


 Comments and thoughts welcomed!




12 comments:

  1. Well, good things always come in threes, of course! Perhaps Sorrel will come to appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find it interesting how different authors cover fight scenes like this. Hope Sorrel makes it through this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun fight scene and I actually enjoy the third attacker being called Three - tongue in cheek goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a thoughtful warrior? I wonder why he would avoid the heart? Or did I miss that? Either way, great continuation of the tension from the fight. Fantastic details to display the fight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Volg it...it ended already? Urg, and then what happens? Great scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very visual. Step by step implementation, easy to follow. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annoying, an opponent who won't stand still to be skewered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice fight scene! Keeps the energy up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three is not being compliant and dying easily!

    Nice action scene! Curious to see how Sorrel gets out of this fight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great descriptions. I'm always envious of people who can write great action scenes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, Three, stop making it so hard for her to kill you. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the comments from all of you - apologies for not responding individually (real life getting in the way again!). The fight continues in the next snippet, but things are about to change...

    ReplyDelete