Friday 1 November 2013

SFFSat 2/11/13

This is my snippet this week for SFFSat. SFFSat is a place where a number of authors post snippets from their written works, and give the opportunity for comments, support and encouragement. Please also explore the other blogs that are part of this set - you can find the information here.


This week's snippet is again from Sorrel Snowbound, and carries on from last week's extract. Sorrel has reached the surface. 

Two thuggish officials are questioning our heroine...


The first officer looked at me suspiciously, eyes running up and down me. ‘You got any valuables?’ he asked sharply, clearly not expecting a positive response. 
 
His companion scrambled down from the trike, and joined his moustachioed friend. ‘Wot's wiv the headgear?’ the newcomer asked before I had had an opportunity to think of a smart answer for his friend. He had grubby fingernails and a beard that was as unkempt as his friend's facial hair. Evidently the militia of Rendmer didn't think much of grooming.

I reached my hand up to my head, realising as I did so what he was talking about. Actually, my hair probably left a considerable amount to be desired in the grooming stakes.

As always, comments welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment