Friday 13 December 2013

SFFSat 14/12/13

This is my snippet this week for SFFSat. SFFSat is a place where a number of authors post snippets from their written works, and give the opportunity for comments, support and encouragement. Please also explore the other blogs that are part of this set - you can find the information here.


This week's snippet is again from
Sorrel Snowbound, and carries on from last week's extract. Moustachio just turned a pressure hose at our heroine, but missed, and the foul stuff hit his friend...



Beardy screamed, a high-pitched wail of agony – his uniform steamed and the side of his face against which the stream had spattered blistered in an instant, horrible pustules bursting out on his cheek and the side of his neck. 
 
Moustachio, realising what he had done, jerked the pipe back, swinging the jet wildly so it tore into the bushes to the side of me. He was still snarling – his eyes were on me, not the damage he had done to his friend. I saw his muscles tense under the threadbare uniform as he began to swing the jet back towards me. I didn't pause to temper my response. My anger flared inside me at his murderous effort, and I dived into the magerealm, grabbed the fireflow and flung it onto the psychopath.

It was his turn to scream. The flames were bright enough to illuminate the entire area. My stomach had twisted in sympathy for what Beardy was going through – it rebelled more at the sight of Moustachio's brief, incandescent agony, and I struggled to retain what little it contained. It was a hideous way to kill a man, even scum like this one. 

 Comments welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment