Friday 6 December 2013

SFFSat 7/12/13

This is my snippet this week for SFFSat. SFFSat is a place where a number of authors post snippets from their written works, and give the opportunity for comments, support and encouragement. Please also explore the other blogs that are part of this set - you can find the information here.


This week's snippet is again from Sorrel Snowbound, and carries on from last week's extract. Moustachio has just told Sorrel he is going to kill her.

  
Moustachio lifted something from a holster on the side of the trike. A straight metal pipe, with a protrusion upon it, and a brown leather tube running back from it to the body of the steamer. Something gushed from the pipe towards me. This was not white steam – it was a blue stream of vapour, and it sprayed out, covering the ten feet between us in an instant.

Every now and again I begin to think that my luck is better than it used to be. The jet hissed like rain on a pavement as it slammed into the road beyond me. It had to be something pretty unpleasant, but Moustachio had not quite got his aim right. If he had, I had no doubt I would be in no shape to do anything - ever. As it was, I had an instant to fling myself sideways, further away from the jet, and incidentally back to where Beardy was. Moustachio turned the jet to try to follow me, and the jet caught Beardy first.

Comments welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment