Friday 31 October 2014

SFFSat 1/11/14 21st Century Leda #3

SFFSat is a place where a number of authors post snippets from their written works, and give the opportunity for comments, support and encouragement. This is my snippet for it - please also explore the other blogs that are part of this set - you can find the information here. 

This is 21st Century Leda. Our narrator is dallying with a girl in a pub - and has just admitted that he is actually a God. He continues to reminisce to himself...

I'd not seen Leda in here before, and she caught my eye immediately. Sitting at a side table, not far from the door, all on her lonesome, and smiled at me as soon as I walked in. She’s had a couple of alcopops, and she’s mellow and receptive - the way I like women. She’s quite cute – long, dark hair, heart-shaped pale face, big dark eyes, but a hint of strength in the jawline. A soft, low voice. And a nice display of curves. On the other hand, the clothing nowadays – stripping a girl can be really difficult. All these buckles, straps, clasps – too much like hard work in my view. Don't get me started on steampunk fashions. At least this one isn’t a Goth – so many girls think black makeup is fetching.
Still, Leda’s responding nicely. Almost too easy. Another drink, and I can whisk her upstairs away from the racket from the jukebox. I’ve had to give up so much – why shouldn’t I enjoy myself still? 

 With the same provisos as last week, comments appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I'm still waiting for payback time.
    FYI, in my WIP, the hero can strip clothes by telekinesis. Amusing in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this Zeus would greatly appreciate that skill. Oh, and the payback is coming...

      Delete
  2. Clearly I'm really uneducated in mythology because I'm pretty sure I'm missing a whole chunk of information that might be relevant here...

    Still. Will be interesting to see how this continues to develop...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much mythology in this one - more giving a better picture of Zeus himself.

      Delete