Friday 20 November 2015

SFFS 21/11/2015 Impcatcher

 This is my snippet this week for SFFSat. SFFSat is a place where a number of authors post snippets from their written works, and give the opportunity for comments, support and encouragement. Please also explore the other blogs that are part of this set - you can find the information here.

 
Today's snippet is from Impcatcher, which is now on sale on Amazon for the Kindle and in paperback, and DriveThru in pdf format. The general epub version is at Lulu.

This snippet carries on from last week's extract. Tal has just summoned an imp of his own, and has offered the imp his immortal soul...





Hulberlok looked at me with unmitigated contempt. “Come off it, mage. You don't really think any demon's interested in that sort of gibberish. Your soul isn't going to fill my belly or give me any kind of currency.”

I laughed. “All right. How about my eternal gratitude... and as much of my blood as you can find on the floor.”

“Not even from a vein? You cheapskate.”

I shrugged slightly. “That's the deal.”

“I thought you were an honourable man, mage.”

I laughed aloud. “What gave you that idea, imp?”


As always, comments welcomed!

2 comments:

  1. What currency does he trade in?

    Only the two of us today and our UK members don't have the excuse of the Thanksgiving holiday next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better than being in solitary splendour!

    ReplyDelete